Borrow from Other Libraries
There may be times when you want to borrow from another BC Library:
- You happen to be visiting another BC Library.
- You couldn’t find what you were looking for in your home library.
Visiting Other BC Libraries
If you’re on the road and find yourself in another BC public library, you can easily borrow items. The best part is that you can return these items to any other BC public library, so if you’re traveling through BC, it’s easy to drop items off as you go. We call this program BC OneCard. For more information on how to do this, check our BC OneCard page (please note that borrowing policies may vary slightly between various libraries).
Requesting Books to be Delivered to Your Home Library
Using BC Interlibrary Connect
Using our catalogue
- In the drop-down menu under library select BC Interlibrary Loan Connect
- Search for your item (includes books, dvds, audio) by key word, author, title, subject. etc.
- If you find the item you are looking for – click on Hold and follow on-line instructions.
- If you cannot place a hold you will be told at this point. Some material cannot be loaned.
- the item will be mailed to the Fernie Library and you will be notified when it arrives
- Most loans are for 3 weeks and renewable if no holds are placed on the item
- Material borrowed from educational institutions are a 2 week loan
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our catalogue , try finding it elsewhere in BC using Illume, a catalogue for all BC libraries. If you find it at another library, request it to be delivered to your home library for pick up! You will need to contact the Fernie Library in person or by phone at 250-423-4458 or email email@example.com for assistance.